Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VZ SV6 windscreen wipers not turning off

abzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ SV6 3.6 A5 Turismo
Hi guys,

I have had this unusual issue occur with me 3 times within a 3 year time period of owning my SV6 so far.

For no apparent reason, when driving in rainy conditions, it seems as though I can't turn off my wipers when it stops raining, the only way I have managed to stop them is pull out the wiper fuse while driving.

The first time it occurred, it seemed to have fixed itself after a couple of hours, second time it happened it was fixed after 2 days, but now it has been occurring for the past 4 hours and has not been fixed yet.

I have replaced the wiper stalk with 2 other different stalks, but made no difference.

Anybody seem to know what is causing this weird issue?????

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
First things first- swap the wiper relay under the bonnet with one of the others and see if that solves it.

abzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ SV6 3.6 A5 Turismo
First things first- swap the wiper relay under the bonnet with one of the others and see if that solves it.
Ok, I will try, but so far it has automatically started working fine again, I would have no idea when it can occur.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
Mate! Stop using the wipers when indicating at intersections.

Yep. Glad to be of help.