Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden warranty service

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Hi, if you go over the service intervals like 15000km and you do it at 17500km, does that void your warranty or is there an tolerance for it?

Thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There’s a little bit of tolerance, but it depends on what the problem is.
If for example you stretch every service out to 17500km and have a problem with something that would never have happened if it’d been checked or the oil replaced at 15k km, then you’re out of luck. But if you let one stretch to 17.5k km, then the next one was at 12.5k km, and then not long after you had a problem ... well most likely they’ll opt to cover you.
But if you let two successive service-intervals run to 17.5k kms and then something like a piece of interior trim fell off, well they’d cover that ‘cos your stretching the services wouldn’t have affected it.

It’s really very much best for the car if you don’t let it run so long, though, regardless of warranty.
It also helps resale if you’ve had the car serviced properly.

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Ok I bought the car second hand and saw the warranty card and the services were about 2.5k over and one done on time

Last edited:

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
2.5k over, nobody is going to hassle you. If it was skipped altogether, then yes you'd be strife.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I think the owners manual tells you the tolerance. I think it must happen within 3000km or 3 months of the recommended interval.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Not long picked my Redline up and specifically remember them telling me the within 3K was ok as long as it's not outside 3 month window. They did say however, that this can't be a continuing trend either.