Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden wb ute brakes

Holden050

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wb
Finally took the ute out this weekend after 10 yrs in storage
Th brake pendal went to the floor, I check for leaks in the master cylinder and wheel cylinders, they were ok. The brake fluid was the only thing I didn’t change as I didn’t have my vac bleeder. Any ideas??.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sounds like the master cylinder has seals gone internally, causing it to "leak" inbetween the 2 outlets....This doesn't show up as an external leak, which you seem to be looking for.

So providing there are no external leaks, get the master cylinder recoed

Holden050

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wb
Yep. Definately, while I’m at it I’ll do the rear wheel cylinders. Can these be removed without taking the shoe, spring assembly out?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yep. Definately, while I’m at it I’ll do the rear wheel cylinders. Can these be removed without taking the shoe, spring assembly out?

You can but it's difficult.....You will have to release the top spring, holding both shoes together and hold the shoe away from the cylinder, towards the outer of the backing plate, whilst taking it out and putting a new one back in...

Just be wary, another spring can let go, holding the shoe in place and hit you....Which means it hurts...So have a bottle of grog at arms reach....:)

Holden050

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wb
Any ideas on master cyl reco pricing?
Has anyone had one done? A new boschunit is $260

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Any ideas on master cyl reco pricing?
Has anyone had one done? A new boschunit is $260

I honestly can't remember what it set me back to have one recoed about 10 years ago....The one I had done got a new stainless steel sleeve inserted and then a new kit put through, because the bore in my M/C was pitted to all buggery...Your best bet is enquire at some brake places and get their prices...Then compare that with the price of a new unit and take it from there...