Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Wh Statesman

LachieCaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina
Hello all

hoping your well

I’m currently looking for my first project car , I’m looking at wh Holden Statesman or Caprice v8

I’ve always had a great respect for the old Caprice and Statesman and would like to restore to former glory as a weekender

do you think these are going to be collectable and worth restoring

thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I hope so.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
If you think they are chances is others will too all depends on how many ppl appreciate them

falcodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Calais
I don't think that the WH has become fully appreciated yet. It will be appreciated in due course but like any car, the sports models are the ones that gain the most value and quickest value (SS). You may have to wait some time (I'm talking years).

But I can remember as a kid how beautiful I thought they were when they first came out. Like any Statesman/Caprice, the only ones worth collecting are the ones with the V8. If you have the funds to, put it on club rego and keep it as a weekender for as long as you can.

LachieCaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina
I don't think that the WH has become fully appreciated yet. It will be appreciated in due course but like any car, the sports models are the ones that gain the most value and quickest value (SS). You may have to wait some time (I'm talking years).

But I can remember as a kid how beautiful I thought they were when they first came out. Like any Statesman/Caprice, the only ones worth collecting are the ones with the V8. If you have the funds to, put it on club rego and keep it as a weekender for as long as you can.

I completely agree

The statesman’s and caprices don’t get the attention they deserve for such a beautiful car