Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden's going to fail in 2018

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Talking about the opposite to Holden dealers customer services...Bought my wife an Audi S1 3 years ago, paid just over $50k. It has had its last of the 3 years free servicing today, the dealer called my wife yesterday, asking her if she would like to drop the car off at the workshop yesterday and they would provide a courtesy car in return, so she wouldn't have to get up early to take her car in today. After the service, the workshop also washed her car and cleaned inside. I remember couple years ago when her car got a flat battery, the Audi workshop sent a mechanic to restart the car, took it back to the workshop and gave her a courtesy car while they checked over the flat battery.

Now we spent around $60K for a Commodore, don't get anywhere near a service from the dealer, have to fight it to have any warranty work repaired. Doesn't matter how good the ZB is, if dealers treat customers badly, no one will buy Holden again.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Talking about the opposite to Holden dealers customer services...Bought my wife an Audi S1 3 years ago, paid just over $50k. It has had its last of the 3 years free servicing today, the dealer called my wife yesterday, asking her if she would like to drop the car off at the workshop yesterday and they would provide a courtesy car in return, so she wouldn't have to get up early to take her car in today. After the service, the workshop also washed her car and cleaned inside. I remember couple years ago when her car got a flat battery, the Audi workshop sent a mechanic to restart the car, took it back to the workshop and gave her a courtesy car while they checked over the flat battery.

Now we spent around $60K for a Commodore, don't get anywhere near a service from the dealer, have to fight it to have any warranty work repaired. Doesn't matter how good the ZB is, if dealers treat customers badly, no one will buy Holden again.

You raise some good points , but I’ve known of other car makers dealerships who treat customers like dirt , it’s not just Holden, Ford are known for treating customers and staff like lackeys , VW openly lied , Hyundai have a less than exemplary record as well, however , I can honestly say that I have had no problems with my local Holden dealer .

Last edited:

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
how is it not very good..leak..heavy...rattling?
It steers you instead of the other way around. It started off great but at around 34k it felt like it needed a wheel alignment. It was tramlining from cold start and improved as it got warmer. I took it to a dealer to check and was told no codes came up. Very helpful. Also got 2 wheel alignments which were all within spec. Checked tyres and pressures and also good, tried different pressures no difference. The next week I followed my wife into town and not a kilometer from home I saw her swerve left sharply and nearly hit a bridge barrier. She got the car back with out over correcting and running into on coming traffic. She refuses to drive it now. I am now using at as my daily which is not what it was meant to be used as. As we have moved out of winter it is not as bad but I can still feel it. I will leave the car with the dealer overnight for the next service and get them to drive it from cold start and see if they can feel it. It is not comfortable to drive when the car feels nervous so do I. No leaks, no rattles, but when it does it, it does feel heavy as you try to correct it. Really feels like a bad wheel alignment that pulls hard both ways and you are holding the wheel the opposite way to stop it running off the road. Does it on all surface types including smooth concrete.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It steers you instead of the other way around. It started off great but at around 34k it felt like it needed a wheel alignment. It was tramlining from cold start and improved as it got warmer. I took it to a dealer to check and was told no codes came up. Very helpful. Also got 2 wheel alignments which were all within spec. Checked tyres and pressures and also good, tried different pressures no difference. The next week I followed my wife into town and not a kilometer from home I saw her swerve left sharply and nearly hit a bridge barrier. She got the car back with out over correcting and running into on coming traffic. She refuses to drive it now. I am now using at as my daily which is not what it was meant to be used as. As we have moved out of winter it is not as bad but I can still feel it. I will leave the car with the dealer overnight for the next service and get them to drive it from cold start and see if they can feel it. It is not comfortable to drive when the car feels nervous so do I. No leaks, no rattles, but when it does it, it does feel heavy as you try to correct it. Really feels like a bad wheel alignment that pulls hard both ways and you are holding the wheel the opposite way to stop it running off the road. Does it on all surface types including smooth concrete.
That doesn't sound good at all. Other than temps of oil, tyres and and steering componentry, I wonder what else (if anything) could be different when it's cold?

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
That doesn't sound good at all. Other than temps of oil, tyres and and steering componentry, I wonder what else (if anything) could be different when it's cold?

I have no idea but it is better in the warmer weather. Going to be a long road to sort it out I think. Will let you know once the Dealer looks at it.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I have no idea but it is better in the warmer weather. Going to be a long road to sort it out I think. Will let you know once the Dealer looks at it.
Good luck with it.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Holden stumbles as a full-line importer

Holden slumped by more than 18 per cent month on month. In its fourth month as a full-line importer following the closure of its factory last October, the once-dominant Australian car-maker sold less than 4700 vehicles last month, placing it eighth overall and giving it a market share of five per cent.

Read the comments, absolutely brutal.

https://www.motoring.com.au/february-vfacts-honda-booms-as-holden-slumps-111392/

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
We always knew there would be a bit of a gap between the end of VF production and the ZB going on sale (last week of Feb?).

While the February results don't look too crash hot I'd prefer to wait a few months for the ZB and others to be on sale full time.

Unfortunately, with the way the media is dealing with the Holden Takata recall of 300,000 (not Holden's fault), I don't think the brand has hit rock bottom yet though.