Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden's New VF Commodore Breaks Cover

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Following Sunday’s announcement of the new Holden Commodore, sources at the company’s HSV tuning arm have promised that the forthcoming high performance edition will build on the reputation of its predecessor by being at least 87 percent more moronic.

‘We’re not pissing about here,’ said HSV’s Director Of Advanced Engineering, Shane-o. ‘When we started this thing we got together our best guys. Shane-o, Shane-o and Shane-o. But not Shane-o ‘cos he’s a poof.’

Having outlined the key personnel on this project, Mr Shane-o went on to give an interesting insight into the HSV development process; ‘So first thing we did, right, was crack open a few cold ones and watch the game. Then we went to the beach. A few weeks later we remembered we had to make a bloody car so we knuckled down and concentrated on getting through a slab of coldies then we went outside and threw some rocks at a tree.’

Although the end result is being kept under wraps for now, Shane-o did reveal some details ahead of the official launch later in the year; ‘It’s not ####ing difficult mate. Big wing, massive wheels, paint it the colour of a parrot’s balloon knot. Oh yea, I almost forgot. A supercharger the size of Shane-o’s head. And you haven’t seen Shane-o. He’s really ####in’ fat.’

Image: http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/NewCommodore.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I remember people saying the same thing about the VN when it came out, and then everyone gets used to it and begins to like it.

I'm still waiting to be able to afford a VE :(

I hated the VN, still do.

natesVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
hmmm idk but, i really don't like it... Maybe it will grow on me?

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
honestly i dont care what direction Holden go's now, they can go front wheel drive and it wouldnt bother me that much, because they made some bloody good cars over the years, but all there new cars are a bunch of cheap plastic crap to me, same go's with all new cars, there last decent car was the VK, but thats my opinion,

really i dont know why im typing this but meh :shutup:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
honestly i dont care what direction Holden go's now, they can go front wheel drive and it wouldnt bother me that much, because they made some bloody good cars over the years, but all there new cars are a bunch of cheap plastic crap to me, same go's with all new cars, there last decent car was the VK, but thats my opinion,

Hmmmmm..... :rolleyes:

Reaper

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

VK a decent car?

LMFAO!

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

If you want a car without cheap plastic, you are going to need to go back to the 60s. There is no Commodore that wasn't made with any cheap plastic.

Nostalgia is a great thing, and I like old cars too, but any car made this century is stronger, safer, more efficient, more comfortable and more reliable than the VK. Doesn't matter who made it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Some people are going to hate me and some might agree but I think big Holdens lost their way from the very first Commodore - now hear me out. The EH, HR, HG and to a lesser extent the HQ are all considered by Holden people to have been fantastic cars from a styling standpoint both inside and out. I personally thought Holden lost their way with Commodore until they released the VT. I hated the styling, interior and exterior of pretty much every big Holden from the VB all the way to the VS with some exceptions like the HDT and Walkinshaw vehicles.

Everything from the VT and up have been much better and with this new car I'm not prepared to get excited or disappointed off photos - cars have to be seen in the flesh and experienced first hand (behind the wheel) to make any kind of real judgement.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
VK a decent car?

LMFAO!

so your saying that this is not a descent car, id rather fork out the $40.000 for one of these then the VF
image008.jpg

but even the vk has too much wiring and plastic for me.

anyway back to the VF....

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
so your saying that this is not a descent car, id rather fork out the $40.000 for one of these then the VF
image008.jpg

but even the vk has too much wiring and plastic for me.

anyway back to the VF....

I'd probably make the same choice. You must realise though, personal tastes don't make it a better car. I don't much like the looks of the VF, but anyone who says its not as good a car as a VK has their head in the clouds.

The car you posted is hardly a common car is it? Sure, its the stuff dreams are made of for some people, and yes, its a highly desirable car. It isn't a better car, not by a million miles. Just more desirable, for purely nostalgic reasons.

As for plastic, and as someone that grew up driving panelvans such as the one in your avatar.. damn those plastic dash and underdash panels used to break easily, and omg the rattles and noises they used to develop... and the way the top of the dash cracked and crazed after only a few years really sucked. By the late 70s there weren't many HQs that didn't have a big circle in the dash where the speaker holes used to be.. the dash pad just rotted away in less than 5 years pretty much. Your van would have had the same problems a few years later. The good old days when everything was made properly...

I did love the simplicity of working on them. Its a shame that the same simplicity meant they used a huge amount of fuel to get bugger all power compared to any modern engine. Of course, they were a far better design than modern cars :rofl2:

I still love them though, might even buy another one someday soon.