Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden's vision of the future

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Any manufacturer who in their wisdom decides to look after the consumer in regards to servicing vehicles correctly without the crap and lies of "the fault is within normal limits " will clean up.
Most of the cars Holden intend to sell will be well covered by other makes and the pricing is very similar so it will come down to customer service and satisfaction, something Holden are very short on.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
well I own a pair of 14 year old Holdens now, so if I was to buy the last Commodore off the block next year that'd be another 15 years at least - I'll think about it then, maybe.

Same here, I have had my VX SS for 15 years, bought it new, might be tempted to buy a 2017 SS and hang onto that, should see me out.

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
You wont get 15 years out of the VF without spending at least twice the amount you have spent on the VX.
I really doubt the electrical components will last the same amount of time, and it would already seem the air con system isn't as good as the one you have.
Personally I would much prefer your VX.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
I really doubt the electrical components will last the same amount of time, and it would already seem the air con system isn't as good as the one you have.

Holden are offering 10+ year FACTORY warranty on Commodores (and variants) at the moment. I have to say, if they offered ACC on them, I'd be jumping at a VFII. But sadly, no ACC and no auto tailgate for wagone. Two things that are almost a must for the Calais V Wagon imo.

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
It is NOT a 10 year  factory warranty at all, Holden only give an extended warranty if you pay for it, 36 Months / 175,000 kms FROM $2,090. note the FROM – It is void if any work carried out on the vehicle by anyone except an Authorized Holden Dealer or Authorized Service Outlet (from their web site) have a look at the conditions and save your money.
The 10 year warranty you talk about is from the dealer through AHG again paid by you and yet again read what is required and what covered and then opt to save your money.
Holden are struggling as it is honoring 3 year warranty let alone 10.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I don't think ending local production will have much of an impact on their sales. people like us are interested in commodores rather than holden but we're a very small number. To me the rest of the range doesn't offer good value for money. Plans change but i intend to keep the V8, when the old V6 gives up I'll probably replace that with a kia or hyundai hatch.

Not much of an impact on sales???? Even at the current diminished numbers local Commodore range of vehicles represents over 40% of their total volume. Expect that to flatline virtually over night with the new FWD "Commodore" to be barely a blip on the radar. The improved Colorado will improve somewhat but not anywhere near the numbers they will need. Expect Holden to be fighting it out with the bit players down around #10 for market share in Australia come the second half of 2018

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
Not much of an impact on sales???? Even at the current diminished numbers local Commodore range of vehicles represents over 40% of their total volume. Expect that to flatline virtually over night with the new FWD "Commodore" to be barely a blip on the radar. The improved Colorado will improve somewhat but not anywhere near the numbers they will need. Expect Holden to be fighting it out with the bit players down around #10 for market share in Australia come the second half of 2018

well i hope you're right but i think a very small number buy a commodore because it's a commodore and even fewer care about things like RWD vs FWD. the dealers will say the insignia is the new commodore and it's better because it's a fancy high tech european car at the price of a commodore. "german engineering", just as fast with smaller engine, better fuel economy, lower rego costs and BS like that. i reckon a lot of people will buy into it. however if you're right we should see a spike in sale for the commodore when the ford production ends. the commodore will be the only cheap RWD large car and the only australian built one.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
It is NOT a 10 year  factory warranty at all, Holden only give an extended warranty if you pay for it, 36 Months / 175,000 kms FROM $2,090. note the FROM – It is void if any work carried out on the vehicle by anyone except an Authorized Holden Dealer or Authorized Service Outlet (from their web site) have a look at the conditions and save your money.
The 10 year warranty you talk about is from the dealer through AHG again paid by you and yet again read what is required and what covered and then opt to save your money.

Wrong. I thought the same as you when a friend of mine bought a VFII SV6 recently. Told him to be very careful what it was and make sure it wasn't the dodgy **** you've described. And it's not. it's a FACTORY warranty. He can get the car services wherever he wants. I've seen the documents.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
well i hope you're right but i think a very small number buy a commodore because it's a commodore and even fewer care about things like RWD vs FWD. the dealers will say the insignia is the new commodore and it's better because it's a fancy high tech european car at the price of a commodore. "german engineering", just as fast with smaller engine, better fuel economy, lower rego costs and BS like that. i reckon a lot of people will buy into it. however if you're right we should see a spike in sale for the commodore when the ford production ends. the commodore will be the only cheap RWD large car and the only australian built one.

like this https://www.holden.com.au/cars/insignia

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
If what you say is true, and you have seen the documents so you are obviously right, it goes to show Holden's total lack of marketing.
Wouldn't you be shouting it from the roof tops with a warranty like that, but not Holden. That alone would be enough to persuade anyone thinking of buying a new car to buy Holden.
The information I got was straight of their web site, not a word on it, nothing on TV, radio only if you obviously go into a dealer, amazing.
The warranty I am referring to is online but as I said the fine print would be enough to make me to forgo it.
Here is Holden's warranty web site https://www.holden.com.au/owning/warranty