Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holes in the head??

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Sorry for the poor quality pics but i was replacing lines tonight and found these, possible holes in the head near the extarctors... i dont think the rocker cover has a bottom part to it, so it must be the head??

headfk11.jpg

headfk1122.jpg

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
too hard to see, from that bottom picture it just looks like an indent in the head behind the extractor flange. if its not pissing water or oil I doubt its a hole in the head, generally if your going to get any cast material come apart (i.e hole in head) you'll get a crack in the high stress areas of the cylinder head.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
too hard to see, from that bottom picture it just looks like an indent in the head behind the extractor flange. if its not pissing water or oil I doubt its a hole in the head, generally if your going to get any cast material come apart (i.e hole in head) you'll get a crack in the high stress areas of the cylinder head.

Cheers mate , thanks heaps!

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 holden berlina 'rb20e'
From what i can tell from the pics just looks like abit of bent or twisted metal?

As i said just going by the pics it's hard to tell.

When i was in the market looking for a vl, i found a few rb20e engines that had the exact look to them, it just looked like it had been hit really hard and the metal it's self was abit err ****ed? lol

But yeah i agree if its not pissing anything out of the holes it should be ok?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
well ive never had issue with it, the car still go's hard. well atm i have another issue so yeah.. i thought i might bring it up out of curiosty :p