Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hollow Door

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Hi,

Firstly: out of warranty.

For some reason, i just noticed today that the passenger door sounds different to others, they all have that solid sound when shutting but the passenger door sounds hollow.

I'm guessing that the door has been replaced at one point (not that the previous owner told me that :hmmm: ) but how would i go about getting it to sound the same as the others?

It also annoys me a bit as i have a D&T exhaust which means that the passenger door makes a slight vibrating noise when pulling away at low speed (guessing all associated with that door)

I'm planning on taking the trim off on the weekend and seeing if there is any sound proofing in there.. if not, where do i get it? do i give to holden and ask them to install?

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
mate ive got the same problem on my 07 ss sedan. front passenger sounds different. interested to find out whats goin on!?

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
mate ive got the same problem on my 07 ss sedan. front passenger sounds different. interested to find out whats goin on!?

Does it sound a bit cheap n nasty when you shut it! - I've googled it and it seems to be related to when a doors been replaced or worked on ??

Just emailed the guy i got it from (we keep in touch!) and he has confirmed that no damage to the door has ever happened. (he's a genuine bloke - told me everything about the car) and there is no history of anything. If i find out what it is, i'll let you know.. (& likewise!) :idea3:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
I vaguely remember reading something about factory sound deadener coming unstuck from door skins... I'm not sure where I read it or if it was correct but it might be worth searching for.

[edit] Found what I read previously. It was just an idea, not actually a fault.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/113001-ve-door-issues.html

Thanks - will also have a look... it would make sense as i don't remember it making that noise when i got it and i've just come back from a 1600km drive and hit a few unavoidable potholes at high speed when i got into Victoria. :realangry so it may of dislodged the deadener...

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I noticed my passenger door rattles when I was travelling on the freeway. I took the door trim off but I couldn't find anything out of place. My only guess is that the cables for the door handle and lock are rattling as they are not realy secured. Using sound deadening material should hopefully fix the problem.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
howd ya go luke?