Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holy crap!! O_O

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
started ma new vh just b4.. left it runnin for about 10 mins. then went to shut it off.. turned off the ignition and it cept coughing and spluttering for about 15 - 20 seconds till it died.. what is rong with it? timeing maybe? or something serious? there is a small hose that has been kinked and tied off. i have no idea where it goes.. if i can borrow a camera today ill take pics and post.. thanks guys!

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
pre ignition

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
what causes that? it freaks me out lol.. does it every time..

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
Check your timing and check your anti-dieseling solonoid on your carby and also check the appropriate fuse for the solonoid.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
V3N0M, what fuel are you using?

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
umm im not sure.. i havnt actually put any in it yet. the guy a baught it off put some in but didnt say what.. i guess it was the cheepest just normal unleaded? when its running all u can smell is fuel. havnt started it since it did that the 3rd time in a row.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, I Have a VC that preignites to...... nowhere near as bad though. I dont think its anything serious, something to do with the timing I think.
because mine only does it every now and then and only for a few seconds I dont worry about it. but if it does it for 30 seconds or so I would get it looked at.
the hose that is kinked and tied off, have a look and see if there is one comming from the carby to. mine also has it to. I think its called "pollution gear" some models came out with it. mine is also disconected.

stevenvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice gen 3, 1975 HJ Statesman
hi i think you will find you need to get your timing slighly adjusted and maybe adjust your idle on your carby. If you have a varjet on there which is the standard carby they are tempremental and only need to be out slighly to change the way your car runs.