Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home For 202

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I have a stock (VK carby) black 202 with M21 four speed box sitting around which I plan to rebuild with larger or multiple carbs, manifold, cam, extractors, foam air filter etc This would be a longer term thing. Does anyone have any ideas for this motor ? (wont be turbo charging it) Would a 253 V8 stromberg carby be beneficial ? triple setups seem to be rare. Dont really know what to put it in either, I like the HT HQ HZ's etc but they weigh too much. Maybe a torana or early commodore. Has anyone heard of stuffing one into a gemini or other small car ? Any suggestions appreciated.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nothin better than a LH-LX with a worked 6, and they dont weigh much.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
If it's a 202 I'd suggest putting a chain on it and using it as an anchor.. lol.. 202 are pretty piss weak.. Sell it to somebody who wants to put it in a buggy or something. I had one in my old VK. Trade it in and get a 353 or a 308.

Grunter

Reaction score
Well my stock 202 pulled 103rwhp on the dyno, so i wouldnt call them piss weak Could also look at possibly fuel injecting it?

208_Fireball

Reaction score
If you want a lighter body car to put the engine in - either one of the torana series, or the old FB and earlier bodies were fairly light.

To the motor itself, how much $ will you be playing with?

Cheers,

Dave

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
A turbo'ed 202 goes pretty hard in a Torrie, but if you want chuck in a strocked 350.

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
Cheers for taking an interest! I guess I'll have a few grand to play with, depending on the future (will be opening a business) I may have a lot more. Gradually doing up a VL (and keeping it on the road) so I have to take that into account. Fuel injection is a possibility, never had much to do with injected 202's so I dont know much about modifying them ?. Whatever happens it will have to be reconditioned etc it seemed to be a good motor (only thing that got replaced was the timing set up). I had a friend with a worked multiple carb 202 HQ column shift manual that used to drag off V6's and V8's, an amusing sight.

G

Grantis1976

One of the car mags did a comparison about 10 yrs back, on the best block, crank, head ignition etc! They then raffled the motor, it went into an LJ 2 door, and lifted BOTH front wheels off the ground!

BLUE :- block, crank

BLACK :- head, injection, other accesories

RED :- ( hard to find "X" rods ), as used in Brockys race Torries, or ACL

ACL race series slugs, Crow Cam, SBC valves, Genie or XU-1 extractors

Some call it a wreaking yard special!

Good Luck !!!