Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home spray job on my vr commodore

Bellicose

Reaction score
Members Ride
TOW PIG
It's just like a nasty car accident.............................................you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself.

THIS THIS THIS, PLEASE follow this advice.

ok, OP if you are dead serious about going ahead, that paint kit you linked looks like cheap rubbish to me. i personally wouldnt touch it, but .. yeah, just but...

this thread goes into a fair ol' whack of detail: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...d-spray-job-vn-commodore-black-need-info.html

bit more in here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-painting-advice-what-tools-paint-i-need.html

and more on the actual tools you will need: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ific-tools-their-use-what-they-look-like.html

have a read of them, then post any questions. if you post questions that have been covered in one of those threads, prepare for a smart arse answer :p (he he he)

If i had the time and energy i'd write a step by step for you, but i have neither, sorry.

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Never said I have plenty of experience I said I've sprayed befor and do it every now and then at work I'm not saying I'm pro or anything I'm just trying to get some edvise if you got nothing to to say don't say it at all thanks for the negative Everyone and thanks to the people who are willing to give good edvise. Later.

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Thanks bellicose I have found a few step to steps and I think I'll read over them a fair few times befor spraying :) thanks.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Never said I have plenty of experience I said I've sprayed befor and do it every now and then at work I'm not saying I'm pro or anything I'm just trying to get some edvise if you got nothing to to say don't say it at all thanks for the negative Everyone and thanks to the people who are willing to give good edvise. Later.

Hey you may not like the advice I and others have offered, but its been good advice. If you arent going to listen to anybody, why ask?

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
I'm lissen but saying **** like oh god this is going to be really bad and **** like that I dont want to hear your **** little comments so take them else where.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I never made any comments like that at all. Read the posts mate.

You on the other hand DID say this..

Thanks mate I know how to out bog in an Sand it out I've done alot of spraying aswell as I work at a fiberglassing join. And yes I will be using a primer for sure and I'm using a clear coat awell. Could you give me some info on how many layers I need to do for each step? Thanks for all the help it's really helping me out.

lol no-one was going to answer you at all since the same questions have been asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over, you couldn't be bothered searching for them, and you obviously know little or nothing so no-one wants to hold your hand. I was the only person to give you any kind of detailed response, except for ari666 who actually bothered hunting down the links for you that you couldnt be bothered finding.

No problem though, I will keep my **** little comments to myself. When you mess it all up, keep your **** little complaints to yourself.. agreed?

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god........ its really gonna happen and theres nothing we can do about it

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
No problem though, I will keep my **** little comments to myself. When you mess it all up, keep your **** little complaints to yourself.. agreed?

i hope he still posts up pics of it

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
i think he may have been put off by the amount of work actually involved in getting a good paint finish, if you are still going on with it Andrew then make sure you prep everything properly as it's not the spraying that will ruin a paint job (it can be if you a bad painter) it's everything you do before it, proper panel prep is key in achieving a good smooth finish, if you dont sand, wash and clean properly or just leave area's because you think that they will be right then think again.