Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Homemade intake

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Xonar gets advice > ssv183 classify's it as good.

How that is back pedalling i do not know.

BTW i think the Intake is pretty good for some pvc pipe stuck together.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Edited my above post to add info sorry (He went from calling someone a "mong" to complimenting a different post after he edited it = peddlin ). I agree with the intake bit though. Cheap AND effective! Plus the feeling of doing something yourself and not forking out a fortune for a chunk or plastic.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
After reading this thread i have decided to leave my car out in the next hail storm to get dimples on it, so it goes faster, however my bikes and my VCM OTR have smooth air intakes and that is how they are staying, despite what the TAFE lecturer sais!!!

Leave it in a shopping center car park on dole pay. All the single mothers are bound to ding up the side with their trolley sooner or later... the stupid bitches.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
You've caught me in a good mood so I will just give you some advice.

I don't like being called a girl, spoilt, arrogant or the suggestion I will wee my pants at something.

I also don't like you pointlessly being negative towards one of the sites sponsors.

So, curb the attitude tiger because next time you may catch me BEFORE my coffee and I won't bother with advice.

Just an FYI, the discussion about golf ball dimples was to explain why the OP's setup will work WELL. It was an arguement in FAVOR of what the OP is done so next time and it's efficiency, read and understand before posting... anything... anywhere.

Cheers.

Thanks for advice...Glad you were in a good mood

Just frustrating that people **** on other people's effort on any given opportunity

YT reference was just an example... Not a dig at business or anything like that

I personally bought a few things from them and have high opinion of them.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
In short they are cheap effective solution with minimal relative drawback.

L8r

Dude, seriously that's some beautiful work right there!!~).

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Cheers for the positive feedback and comments blokes. I took the intake apart and put it back together again tonight...the right way this time :) I also added a few wider pieces of...what are those rubber connector rings called again? It's more rigid now and sits against the engine nice and snug. I took the car for a fang, hammered the go pedal like a true shlong warrior and leapt out to check everything. Nothing had moved at all...so that's the way it's going to stay. Here's a pic of the final version, all fitted and looking alright.

The person who posted the comment about a ready-made pipe has a point about the exorbitant cost of these types of mods when bought off the shelf though (regardless of who makes them). But keep in mind those businesses have to ensure they are selling a reliable quality product and have to do lots of design and r and d to make sure they meet the demands of a pretty picky market. The main reason I had a crack at this myself was because I'd already bought a growler and didn't want to spend the cash on an Airhammer when I only needed half the kit. I like figuring out how to do things and had a good ol' time cutting the pieces, adjusting it the ensure a tight fit and painting and what not. A few hours in the garage well spend I reckon :)

Anyway, thanks again fellas and here's the final product.

Attachments

• Finished Intake.JPG
    Finished Intake.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 248

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Looks good mate.
All you have to do now is see if it gives you any gains over the stock intake to see if the project was a success.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
^^^Agreed. Anyone know a good, reliable dyno in the eastern subs of Melbourne...I'm in Glen Waverley. There's one in Blackburn somewhere from memory.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Re looking at it. No offence looks cheap and nasty. I mean come on seriously 9 hose clamps :hmmm: