Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Honda Ct185 Skipper

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
its official i can beat my g/f's 99 corolla conquest sedan! off the mark was pretty easy... anyway clocked it at 100-110 km/h...doesnt feel that fast on the road, but it would if i came off!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah id like to race the local postie and show him a real bike. haha

your bike doesnt look that different from a postie bike. engines not really much bigger either and sounds like top speeds arent that different

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
its the same frame as a poste, just removed the metal cages on the front & back. postie bikes are only 110cc and this is 185, ive listened to the local nail it up the street and it doesnt sound like any real competition.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
how is listening proof? ive riden one and theyre quite fine with acceleration for a small engine. postie will laugh at you if you think 185cc is a real bike

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
i think an r1 is fast, got 120km/h in first gear and stopped just as quick. you dont need to tell me about bikes, this is just something i fang up the road & go to trails with.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
UPDATE-

NEW front * rear tyres and tubes (feels better)
Painted the side panels red...
Oil chabge with synthetiv shell 4 stroke oil

ive got a huge privately owned racetrack that has been abandoned for years near my house (in the bush about a km) so been ironing out any problems the bike has. So far its been bulletproof except for a clutch cable and bending the gear selector by hitting a low stump. Im quite impressed how its going as its a 1981 model bike that hasnt exactly been looked after the best....

Next on the list is new seat and removing the motor for a paint job/motor rebuild.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
how could i forget, also need new rear shock absorbers/springs as there showing their age after going over a few jumps.

Oh well better off giving it a hard time so the 'major' problems show up sooner thasn later when they let go half way into a jump or going up a massive hill!!