Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hood pins to replace latch

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hi guys, i need some help to install a hood pin set on my car.

My latch keeps on getting stuck to i figured ill replace it with some hood pins.

Any tips on how to do it?

PS. i know my car is nothing special and that i dont need hood pins because its a stock engine. I just like the look of them and sick of the latch getting stuck

Thanks Terry

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
my only advice is dont get the ally ones they are weak as piss, well on a bobcat anyway

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
Hey there,

I'd check with the motor registration department, they could be classed as a defectable item, as they would prevent quick access to the engine bay.

I know that all commodores suffer from bonnett catch problems usually its the tension spring that get worn, if you replace that with a good second hand one and put the correct tension on the cable then it sorts that all out.

anyways hope that helps.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Hey there,

I'd check with the motor registration department, they could be classed as a defectable item, as they would prevent quick access to the engine bay.

I know that all commodores suffer from bonnett catch problems usually its the tension spring that get worn, if you replace that with a good second hand one and put the correct tension on the cable then it sorts that all out.

anyways hope that helps.

Something worth checking. I was always lead to believe that it posed a danger to a pedestrian hit. In the same way they have specific guidelines regarding those oil pressure dials and crap mounted on the bonnet.

Seems a big fat waste when you could adjust the setup that's already there and make it work.

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I have tryed to adjust the latch today but didnt get far at all. Ill give it another wack tonight or tomorrow