Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hood Seal

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
yeah id like to know this also, i brought a vcm otr friday. and havent fitted it yet, due to a fractured femur :( not nice.. but yeah did u fit it yourself?

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
yeah id like to know this also, i brought a vcm otr friday. and havent fitted it yet, due to a fractured femur :( not nice.. but yeah did u fit it yourself?

Yeah is actually pretty easy mate - did loose a chunk of my wrist tho lol the base of the old box is a bitch to pull out as the battery terminal catches it. Make sure you retain screws. The instructions are pretty good

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
yep took mine off completely. have noticed the bonnet lining is rubbing on the otr a little so thinking about one of the hood infils........anyone have one?

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
yep took mine off completely. have noticed the bonnet lining is rubbing on the otr a little so thinking about one of the hood infils........anyone have one?
yep i have one because of that problem,piss easy to install.you might want to rethink about removing the weatherstrip completely though, i did that at first and ended up with a filthy engine bay. i just trimmed it to fit either side of the otr which is a case of simply trimming it about 12mm past where it push's into the bonnet, you will see what i mean when you have a look at the strip location vs the otr position. i also put in the infill panel on the wheel arch where the factory one sits

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
I just went out last night and cut the section that could potentially prevent air getting to the induction.. 2 second job.

Strange about some of you having to use the infil?.. i thought that was more of an issue if you had a supercharger...

Although car decided to spit the dummy last night... check engine light. Still running fine so not majorly concerned, guessing its just spazzing out due to extra air.... but there's a thread on that lol