Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hooking up a USB connection to stock headunit

MilkBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have an 08 SV6. I want to connect my phone to the head unit, but i also want to charge it for longer drives.
Is there any way that I can put in a USB port that charges it, and hooks it up to he head unit?

( i want to keep the head unit stock because other options are a little expensive.

Cheers

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I have an 08 SV6. I want to connect my phone to the head unit, but i also want to charge it for longer drives.
Is there any way that I can put in a USB port that charges it, and hooks it up to he head unit?

( i want to keep the head unit stock because other options are a little expensive.

Cheers

No USB socket under the armrest inside the console ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No usb on series 1.

Series 2 conversion solves the problem. Or after market conversion but it’s going to cost you.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Couldn’t you use a 12v usb charger and connect to the headunit via factory Bluetooth? Or does that only do phone connections via Bluetooth? It’s been years since ours had a S1 headunit.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
On my 2007 VE SS I used a 12 volt USB charger adapter (about $20) to charge my iphone, and a 3.5 mm cjack speaker cable to connect the phone to the stereo input and this worked OK.