Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hookinh up new jvc headunit

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
gday guys I have got a new jvc headunit to put into my vx. I also got one of those aeropro connectors. Is it just a simple matter of matching the colour wires between the aeropro connector and jvc connector?
thanks

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
use the jvc manual for the wire outputs, and u'll need a VX stereo wiring plan (manual) if you have it. then yes just match the wiring on both ends of the aeropro connector, not so much the colors :).

Sorry i cant help you with the VX audio wiring diag, dont have one for VX.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
sorry but does anyone know if you can buy jvc plug straight to holden vx type plug for the headunit?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
as long as the plug looks the same for the vs plug to ur vx plug then u can purchase and use this to plug into the stock plug. then just wire in/solder the ends of that plug to the stereo wiring. if u cant find a connector for the JVC, u'll have to cut the stereo plug so u can solder it in. if that makes sense

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
thanks not sure if you knew what I ment though I wanted to connect my new headunit without cutting/ soldering any wires with the use of aerpro harnesses. Went into jb and told the guy I wanted to connect my headunit without cutting/soldering any wires and he says there is no way without atleast soldering wires which is crap becuase I was just on the aerpro website and they sell the harnesses that let you connect to any headunit without soldering. anyway me being me I took the nobs advice at jb and brought the iso plug that connects to the stock holden plug then I just need to soldier wires onto the headunit cable. I'm sure il have a few hickups along the way.
1st question is Do I have to make my own earth for the headunit or can I use the existing earth wire in the stock wiring harness?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
u can use the existing earth thats no problem ok let me see if i can explain my self better. the way you have described it
anyway me being me I took the nobs advice at jb and brought the iso plug that connects to the stock holden plug then I just need to soldier wires onto the headunit cable. I'm sure il have a few hickups along the way.

this is the way to be.. if u dont wanna go this way, the below explaination is another option using a patch harness.

vx audio loom connects to the areopro connector lets call this end, end1.
the only other way to have a patch harness so u purchase another matching plug&socket. one end of the harness u solder/attach to end2 of ur areopro connector.
the other end of the harness u connect/solder/attach to the headunit wiring.

i assume that the headunit has barewires and no plug at the end of the wires? (forget the plug on the back of the hedunit itself) if so use the patch harness. it may be a bit bulky but will be ur best bet so u dont have to cut anything

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
thanks for that mate makes sence. although about the earth on a peice of paper that came with the headunit it says to connect the ground to the mettalic body or chassis of the car? Do people with new headunits usally dont do this?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
It's really up to you how you earth it, I earth it To Chassis & The loom. I know people that just earth to loom, Works fine.