Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horizontal adjustment on headlights?

Lee Riley

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF ii SSV Redline Sportwagon
Is there an adjustment for horizontal focus of headlights, high and low beam. I can see the vertical adjustment screws on each light, but my lights light up the left hand edge of the highway but not the right hand side.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Hi Lee, no, there is no horizontal alignment for the headlamps. The pattern on low beam is deliberately skewed to the left to a) light up the left kerb / verge, and b) not dazzle oncoming drivers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The VF is the first car I’ve owned with no horizontal headlamp aiming screw (which I consider poor design and a silly cost cutting measure)

So in Holdens wisdom, or lack thereof, it seems if the horizontal aim is out, there must be some crash damage causing a headlamp assembly issue. Either way, an adjustment screw would have made it simple to correct minor accident damage rather than now having to pull things apart and inspect and correct any damage. As I said, poor design and silly cost cutting.

Lee Riley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys, that's ****! Wonder if there's any way to modify?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thanks guys, that's ****! Wonder if there's any way to modify?

A telegraph pole square in the middle will turn them in a little, just don't over do it.

Lee Riley

Reaction score
Members Ride
A telegraph pole square in the middle will turn them in a little, just don't over do it.
Have we met before? Sounds like you're referring to something I done to my HJ Monaro about 20 years ago.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Have we met before? Sounds like you're referring to something I done to my HJ Monaro about 20 years ago.
I am pretty sure the hj had the screws for headlight adjustment but there's more than one way to skin a cat