Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn Chirp on Door Lock Setting VF2 Sedan

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
Since new the car's config setting for horn/lights have been the default. This means that when locking the doors the default setting is "Horn + Lights" - BTW alternatives are Horn, Lights or Off.

When using Horn only or Horn+Lights, there has never been any chirps. However, to check that horn does do chirps, I proved it by leaving any door ajar and trying to lock with the remote. You get a double chirp warning. I just want to know if anyone else has also experienced this lack of chirp.

I actually doesnt bother me as I don't need a chirp upon locking however it seems as if it may be a software glitch? Car in question is a mid-2016 SS Auto.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If I'm unsure the car has locked I just double press the lock button on the remote and the horn will sound to indicate it has.

I often do this from inside the house to check if I've locked the car or not.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I used to have mine on passive auto lock on exit so I never had to worry. Took it off auto lock before having a service or detail only.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
As pan head said it only does it on the 2nd press and it also tells you you've skipped the delay the alarm takes to arm - so dont break into your car...

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
If I'm unsure the car has locked I just double press the lock button on the remote and the horn will sound to indicate it has.

I often do this from inside the house to check if I've locked the car or not.

Yes, likewise I find the chirp really useful when I’m in the house and the car in the garage & I want to make sure it is double locked at the end of the day. I find the chirp is also great when I’m out and about...when I used to habitually double lock when leaving a car I would still become paranoid later thinking did I lock it or not? whereas with an audible chirp I have never had to worry because I can recall having heard the chirp....if you know what I mean.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Yeah this is just a feature that happens when you press your lock button twice, it'll only chirp then.