Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn/cig lighter

Sharky1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pack
I recently bought my VX. The horn fuse was missing. Put one in & it worked fine. A week later at 2:30am my horn beeps continuously (not the alarm). I couldn’t unlock the car with the remote thats 6 weeks old & working fine. Couldn’t get it to unlock manually either. In the end I got in manually & alarm horn starts too. Got that to turn off with remote. Ended up locating horn behind bumper & unplugging it. Next morning I plugged it back in & it won’t work & now my cig lighter keeps blowing fuses & that was working fine before. My question is can these two be related via the horn relay & can a dodgy relay cause all this or is it likely something more like the BCM?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The horn maybe a stuffed horn pad or a short in the horn it self , . The 2 are on completely different fuses, both the horn and theft horn relays are in the engine bay swap them out, they can stick so rule them out first then only leaves horn pad and horn. The cig lighter well that probably stuffed so replace it, also unplug it and see if the 20amp fuse blows if so then its a wire short.

Last edited: