Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn Issue

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Yo all... my horn has been playing up for the last 6 months that being it not working when i press it i checked the fuse it was blown.. so i went and got 4 new fuses and every time i put one in and pressed the horn it would blow the fuse!!
what do i do? cheers

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
the horn's not the problem it a switch or the electrics or something i just wanna no if anyone knows what to do

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
unplug the horn & see if the fuse still blows, you should find it doesnt, then get a new horn

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
in saying that how to i disconnect the horn? do u mean from the actual horn or from the steering wheel

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No, it's connected with two wires, behind the bumper on the driver's side. You have to get down on the deck to see it, below the headlight. Just pull one wire from the horn and try the horn button. If the fuse doesn;t blow, the horn is the culprit. If the fuse still blows, check the relay. Swap it over with a similar relay from the fuse box. I think the horn relay is located in the engine bay in front of the driver's side suspension tower. It's under a clip-on cover which will show you which relay to check. (Fuse and relay lay-out moulded on underside of cover)

You can see from the labelling on top of the relay which ones are the same to try the swap.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
last post = solution.

get air horns !!!!!! I have got them and they are ****en grouse

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
i am going to get a air horn soon if this is the case i will be getting one... Thanks

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
last post = solution.

get air horns !!!!!! I have got them and they are ****en grouse

Hey Dude, I wanted to get air horns in my VY Berlina i called this auto elec an he said its not possible because my bay is full up - im curious what car do you have and how many horns do you have?