Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

horn problem

rowdy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
sitting in the driveway my horn works but when i start the engine or drive it wont work where do i go from here, also tried changing relay and as long as i dont want to turn key it works but it wont work again until i take the key out if i turn it ???

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I think you have a faulty ground. My horn did the same thing as soon as i put on a smaller wheel and boss kit. Could never figure it out, so took it to the auto sparky, and all they did was run a new ground to the metal part under the dash (near the fuses) and charged me $120.

When its daylight, i might take the covers off the steering coloum and check.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ok, so gay. Now my horn is not bloody working. All the wiring looks fine, and it's not the horn button, or the relay or the fuse. Now i'll have to go and find my multimeter.:mad:

anyway, here's the pics I said i'd get.

The thick black wire is the one they put in. (photo 1) and it's earthed to the blue ring connector (photo 2)

Attachments

• Horn wire.jpg
    Horn wire.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 323

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ill get pics tomorrow, i assume its an aftermarket wheel

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Found my problem. Over time the brass contact that connects to the brass ring on the boss kit has worn away. Now to find a way to replace it. Or just push the top of the wheel forward so it makes contact. Ah dodgy fixes....