Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

horn stuck on

dammit_billy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 Manual
hey guys about an hour ago i could here my car horn blasting the car has been sitting there all night and hasnt been driven all day so i dont know why it has gone off i pulled the fuse and it stopped

i tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but with the fuse in it just blastes away does anyone have any ideas to get my horn working properly i.e not going off but me still being able to use it?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
hey guys about an hour ago i could here my car horn blasting the car has been sitting there all night and hasnt been driven all day so i dont know why it has gone off i pulled the fuse and it stopped

i tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but with the fuse in it just blastes away does anyone have any ideas to get my horn working properly i.e not going off but me still being able to use it?

Could be the contacts in the steering wheel just touching. If its been unusually hot or cold then sometimes they can shrink/expand and touch slightly. Take the wheel off and have a look there. Look in the how to section on you will find a thread by me on how to remove the steering wheel safely.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
tried swapping relays??

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
as above..
pull the relay out and see if it stops..

couldve burnt itself on

my vl did that during my footy game that was embarrasing baha

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
honk if your horney ;)

just start with the relay first..instead of ripping into the steering wheel