Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn wire problem

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Ok so my boss kit finally came in, and when i was removing my original steering wheel, instead of pulling the horn cover off gently, I yanked it off and the whole black cable that connects from your steering column to the inside of the horn came out with it :hmmm: I can't figure out where i'm supposed to plug it back in when I have the steering wheel off, and I need to know cos' it's illegal to not have some form of horn that works on your car here.

If anyone wants to pull their wheel and show me where their black wire for their horn attaches to the actual column, PLEASE do so lol, otherwise i'm stumped as to where it's meant to connect to :(

BVL87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L
aint the black wire just a earth????? there is 2 on mine from what i can remember one goes to the relay which goes to the horn and the other should just earth out somewhere inside the column...well i think anyway

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Yeah I think so, it's like, the wire in the column attaches to the horn, and then to somewhere in the column, and when you push the horn it joins the supply and powers the horn, but I dunno where the black wire attaches to inside the column otherwise i would have just plugged it back in.

Mine only had 1 wire under the wheel, same as my Ute, though with my ute, the black wire was inside the boss kit and that plugged into my horn button, there wasn't even a wire in the steering column that connects to your horn so I dunno how the F that works lol