Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

horsepower

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
Hi , just wondering , my vs/v6 had a rebuilt motor put in just before i bought it , i believe they had an advertised 147kw new , on the car was installed a boss cold air intake and a brand new set of genie's running to a single system , they are the only mods i know of, what do you's reckon these to additions are worth ?, maybe 15 to 20 kw?. car runs great , equall to my mates vr v8 easy i reckon

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Hi , just wondering , my vs/v6 had a rebuilt motor put in just before i bought it , i believe they had an advertised 147kw new , on the car was installed a boss cold air intake and a brand new set of genie's running to a single system , they are the only mods i know of, what do you's reckon these to additions are worth ?, maybe 15 to 20 kw?. car runs great , equall to my mates vr v8 easy i reckon

:w00t::bow::cry::p:whistling:yeah::bang:;):D

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Down below 100k's hour and if the 8 is stock it will probably hold it. I know at oran park the ecotec sedan could hold close to me until about 100km/h, but i run stock 3.08 diff in a heavy wagon though.

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
yep , no kiddin ive driven my mates v8 a few times , and been in it often , had many ford/holden v8's plus a couple a chargers over the years,my vr hits redline quicker , also a bit lighter wouldnt be much in it in the end !, extractors plus watever else may have been done ? , seem to be making a fair bit of diff............

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
the exhaust and cold air intake prob add like 8kw max to a stock engine get some high ratio rockers and a chip