Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoses

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi Guys.

Im Having a Stupid moment right now, But are these Trans or Power steering hoses Highlighted here.
screenshot20110303at716.png

Both of these hoses are leaking on my VY & Need to be replaced. Also how hard are they to replace once i know what hose these are.

Cheers

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Cheers Mate, How do i go about removing them? Do they Screw off or something ?
Taking about the Rubber hoses connecting the lines to the radiator lines.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
They unscrew at the screw fittings at the front of the engine (right above the stabilizer bar), there is a bracket with a 13mm head bolt holding them to the engine block just behind the power steer pump, then they unclip from the transmission fittings. Do all that, then you will be able to maneuver them out of the car. Re-fitting is obviously a reverse procedure.

Edit: You might need to remove the exhaust y-piece to get them out (i've never actually taken them out on there own, i've only removed engines around them).

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Aww Crap, I was hoping the rubber hoses would de-tatch but its a whole complete line. Any idea what they retail for ?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Thanks For Ya help Mate, Bit Pissed cause i just purchased it last week. Depending on the cost wonder if i can seal it off with a heap of heat silicon lol

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
OK, I went to the dealer, and they are about $100 each for the hose.

Turns out on the VY they disconnect just near the PS pump at the front thats highlight above.
Im thinking, maybe i can just disconnect the hose, then get the old style radiator connectors like on the VR radiators, screw them into the VY radiator, then just get some plan transmission hose and clamp them up.
Possible or am i just nothing but a dreamer ? lol
I just got the car so im broke. Any Ideas would help just to tie me over.
I was also going to try just cleaning the hoses and getting some heat silicon on to them lol

Cheers Guys

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
OK, I went to the dealer, and they are about $100 each for the hose.

Turns out on the VY they disconnect just near the PS pump at the front thats highlight above.
Im thinking, maybe i can just disconnect the hose, then get the old style radiator connectors like on the VR radiators, screw them into the VY radiator, then just get some plan transmission hose and clamp them up.
Possible or am i just nothing but a dreamer ? lol
I just got the car so im broke. Any Ideas would help just to tie me over.
I was also going to try just cleaning the hoses and getting some heat silicon on to them lol

Cheers Guys

Not ideal, but it might work. I wouldn't do it though.

Mabye try one of those mobile hose repair guys? They might be able to fix it on site.

ENZED Australia - Mobile Hoses and Fittings Service

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
silicon is for plumbers.

you can probab ly get some hoses made up at a hydralics workshop or something which may work out cheaper.