Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoska's E34 525i

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
So after reading through Stigs thread multiple times and trolling through BMW forums and gumtree I cam across a little $500 Bargain(?)

The cars intention at the moment is just to be tidied up and made into my daily for a little while but if i enjoy it I will likely start the mods >:]

Obviously she's pretty rough, i can say that the engine runs a treat even though it has an oil leak and it is very comfy and nice to drive from my 30km hwy drive so i'm enjoying it as we go and there's plenty to do which is a bonus!

Just wanted to say thanks to Stig for all his advice and guidance which I hadn't looked at until after I purchased this! haha
Front

Rear

Inside

The bad points

Small Dent infront of the Sunroof

Cracked Bumper

Missing Sunroof Panel

Engine Pic

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
nothing wrong with that for 5 hundy..

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Looks like a decent starting point @ $500, it seems there's not a lot to loose.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Exactly my thoughts fellas,

Have ordered some control arm bushings, sunroof motor cover & struts for the boot and bonnet.

Hopefully get a longer look/tinker this weekend!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Geez you don't muck around.

Looks like a bit of value there.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Geez you don't muck around.

Looks like a bit of value there.

Value in the car or the parts ?

Surprisingly parts aren't actually that expensive, BMW's seem to have a huge stigma of parts costing through the roof.

Yes they're generally a tad more expensive but it's really not that bad from what i've seen, i'm sure hak or stiggy can give a better view on this than i can at the moment!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

Surprisingly parts aren't actually that expensive, BMW's seem to have a huge stigma of parts costing through the roof.

Yes they're generally a tad more expensive but it's really not that bad from what i've seen, i'm sure hak or stiggy can give a better view on this than i can at the moment!

Same with most Euro cars. Next car we will get is Euro and everything we have heard from people we know is "Wow you guys must be loaded to afford one with the cost to run them" Maybe if you go only to the dealer but with the advent of the internet things are much much easier and cheaper.

Looks like a good pick up for $500.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

In the car as in a good pick up.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear

If you buy here in Australia you will no doubt get Raped (with a capitol R). Unlike Holden BMW's are sold worldwide, so there are thankfully many markets to choose from. The US is readily accessible and is quite cheap. The only real drawback is the wait times for shipping, however with a bit of careful planning the impact of such things can be minimized. Germany is of course the biggest source, but can be harder to access, and usually less favorable on foreign exchange.

If buying parts locally doesn't satisfy your need for "unsolicited penetration" you could always get the work done by someone else. I am sure they will automatically double their labor rates because it's Euro. If you were an abused child and still have "issues" then I suggest you go to a dealer, you will at least appreciate the luxury ride a little more as you will have trouble walking afterwards!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Thanks for the Insight stiggy!

Have ordered a few more parts now, Rocker cover and valve gaskets/seals as well as a full service kit including plugs, cabin filter, air filter, fuel filter & Oil.

Plenty of work to be done over christmas on this thing to hopefully have it rego'd just after if not before new years!