Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hot cabin air???

valiant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Not to sure what it is as only got car last week etc. But there is like 2 small tubes "copper??" that run up the inside of the drivers side floor hump running behind the radio that is pumpin out a hell of alot a heat. Is this the tubing for the heater? If so why would it constantly be so hot "to the point if touched would burn" Thanks for any advice.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
If your car has climate control and the air conditioning is on then you should expect this pipe to be hot, even if the temperature is set quite low.

If you haven't got climate control, then I expect that you problem is related to a vacuum leak or a faulty heater tap.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you look down near where the 2 brass tubes are you will see a cable and clip arrangement part of which moves when you turn the heater dial to cold....anyway, it's not uncommon for this to get kicked off and out of adjustment - this results in the heater tap being on at all times. Good Luck.

valiant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
If you look down near where the 2 brass tubes are you will see a cable and clip arrangement part of which moves when you turn the heater dial to cold....anyway, it's not uncommon for this to get kicked off and out of adjustment - this results in the heater tap being on at all times. Good Luck.
Ok checked the small clip , and all good is working properly , changes to cold and hot etc

valiant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
If you haven't got climate control, then I expect that you problem is related to a vacuum leak or a faulty heater tap.

Ok how would I test to see if have faulty heater tap and or a vacuum leak? :bang:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Ok how would I test to see if have faulty heater tap and or a vacuum leak? :bang:

Get someone to turn the dial from hot to cold while you watch the heater tap - the vacuum servo arm/lever should move....if not it means there is no vacuum to the tap. Another way is to pull the vacuum hose off the heater tap - it should be sucking strongly if on cold (or vice-versa). Both test with motor idling.
Good Luck.