Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hot hot hot

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Ah thanks for a more excat location of where it is happening. Agreed with what hako said. Sounds like your inlet manifold gaskets are gone. They are $70 from Holden. There will be 4 Bits to it. The 2 side gaskets and the front and back. When i was replacing my old ones, they were all melted together as they hadn't been changed in a long time... It looked like they were an all - in - one gasket. Have fun replacing them lol.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
You can do the inlet gaskets yourself. They are about $70 from Holden but you will have to ring up and give them your engine number so they give you the right ones. If you are to take it to a Mechanics i would imagine a few hundred mainly for the labour. If you want to save your self some money and not take it to a Mechanics then grab yourself a Gregorys manual from Supercheap auto, repco etc etc. They are about $40 and from what I've heard it will be the best $40 u have ever spent. Oh you will also have to get yourself a new Oil Filter and also drop your oil as water will get in. You will also have to disconnect your fuel line and your return fuel line, vacuum lines etc. Make sure u depressurize your fuel lines before you disconnect.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Mate,

Would love to help you out, But am in NSW. Depending if you have all parts ready to go i would say a days work could be involved. Taking it out is the harder part... Putting it back in is easier.

Mumbo Man

jimbojones889

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Executive Wagon
bought the max ellery book today. how soon should i get this done. is this an urgent thing to do, am i screwing up my engine more?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
The quicker you do it, the better off you will be. Otherwise you will just be losing coolant constantly and in return not making the cooling system do its Job.

jimbojones889

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Executive Wagon
why would the leak have subsided? i checked today after a drive and there was no leaking of coolant. the reservoir has plenty of coolant in it and the radiator was full enough. could it just have been a s**t load of pressure under it and when i changed the radiator cap and let it bleed a bit that it made the leak stop? whats going on??