Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hot under dash

Mickbez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5L
Hey all, I noticed it was getting really hot near my left leg in the footwell and all the dash plastics were hot hot. Pulled it apart and there is what I assume to be heater pipes. I don't know what's up. Possibly the heater tap is stuck open and its cycling hot water through?

Mickbez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5L
Here they are
20181229_161729.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Looks like you have the climate control setup, check the heater tap is getting vacuum supplied when you have it set to full cool. Other wise coolant will flow and make unnecessary heat.

Climate control have a solenoid controlling the vacuum line which may have failed causing it to not turn the heat off.

Mickbez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5L
I'm playing around with that vac solenoid as we speak. I'm pretty sure its the problem. Thanks mate

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
I've owned my VS 5 Litre wagon now for almost 20 years and it does the same.....pretty sure it is always hot and the climate control mixes the air to the temp you selected. Is a concern though because if it ever sprung a leak I'd hate to think of the 3rd degree burns you'd receive !