Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hot white G8 GT

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You know, having driven a Camry for a month... I get it... Your brain just kinda turns off behind the wheel...
First car I've ever gotten motion sick driving it
You misspelt emotion. You got emotion sick.

Vonrottes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Well the last update I got from the shop and insurance was march 28th.
the "rear body panel" 92292436 is on backorder with an ETA in June.
NOT the already discontinued "rear floor pan extension" 92220661
shop called and let me know insurance should just total it since its going to be sitting there so long...My math shows over $9,000 just for storage fees.... BUT Unfortunately since insurance ordered it, the car has already been cut apart... there's no floor in the trunk and no "rear body panel" .
When I talked to insurance they straight up told me the car will sit at the shop until the part is restocked OR GM discontinues the part.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Well the last update I got from the shop and insurance was march 28th.
the "rear body panel" 92292436 is on backorder with an ETA in June.
NOT the already discontinued "rear floor pan extension" 92220661
shop called and let me know insurance should just total it since its going to be sitting there so long...My math shows over $9,000 just for storage fees.... BUT Unfortunately since insurance ordered it, the car has already been cut apart... there's no floor in the trunk and no "rear body panel" .
When I talked to insurance they straight up told me the car will sit at the shop until the part is restocked OR GM discontinues the part.

Would there be more bits over here? Sort the part yourself and get reimbursed?

Vonrottes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Would there be more bits over here? Sort the part yourself and get reimbursed?
Oh I'm sure somewhere there has the part in stock, but I Think trying to get the rear end of the car shipped over id fall into a similar issue of waiting on the part to arrive.
It would be a freight item since it's the whole rear section of sheet metal behind the bumper cover.

Vonrottes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Haven't heard anything from the shop or insurance yet, but I stopped by the shop today to drop off the insurance check.
And right inside the door was a pile of parts that looked as though they had just been delivered and like they were for my car. Specifically the spare tire well and what looked to be the rear body panel.. could be wrong but the tire well was most definitely for the G8.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Haven't heard anything from the shop or insurance yet, but I stopped by the shop today to drop off the insurance check.
And right inside the door was a pile of parts that looked as though they had just been delivered and like they were for my car. Specifically the spare tire well and what looked to be the rear body panel.. could be wrong but the tire well was most definitely for the G8.
Did you ask whether the car parts were for your car?

Vonrottes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
The parts were in fact mine....being sent back to the dealer.
insurance changed the estimate to over $9,000 in repairs and is totaling the car.
the shop has gotten frustrated with me because insurance has had him order the parts and send them back twice, incurring a restock fee both times... After they finalized the total loss, the shop emailed me a copy of the bill they owe him for storage and restock fees of over $7,000...
I'm sick of dealing with this so I'm just gonna take it and buy the car back.

Engine/transmission are staying with me, and being shoved in my already LS swapped Sonoma... and I'm just going to part the car out, figure there's a few thousand dollars worth of good parts..
Unfortunately the shop quoted me upwards of $14,000 for repairs over the phone if I bought it back from insurance because they approved repairs that included cutting the trunk/rear body panel out of the car... shop owner said he could have repaired the floor pan and just put a new impact bar and new bumper cover on it for like $3000
Also unfortunately the G8 has turned into the new dodge charger in the states, being bought up by low IQ and even lower credit score delinquents doing "slide shows" prices on well cared for and not trashed cars with the same options as mine are getting absurd IMO.

So I've decided I'm just going to wait a few months save up some cash and Upgrade to a VF / Chevy SS, lower miles and better taken care of cars are around $29-35,000.