Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hotwire vt

ozz

Reaction score
Need a hand, on a campin trip and a mate has lost his keys in the river. We got into the car but we need to start it. Couldmsomeone in the know shoot me a pm of where to start? Its a vt exec Thanks, oscar.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
better put your duck diving skills to the test.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Think you will have to get a Mobile COmmodore locksmith, (i think) They can plug there computer in and get the key code, & make a new key head & cut key for the barrel.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I think it would be near impossible to hotwire, what with the immobilizer, etc. The old Holdens (or any old car) were easy, but I think like said above, dive in the river, then you'd have to dry the key head, etc.
And even if someone did know how to do it, you'd be lucky to be given instructions on a forum. + you'll have to break steering lock........

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
only way is with a key as already mentioned, immobilizer will stop you, an if you manage to get around that then the steering lock is the next problem

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
i would seriousally start looking in the river.. hopefully find it.. dry it out.. and then use it to at least turn the barrel.. then u can hot wire it.. ive seen it done before.. but still u probs are looking at a mobile mechanic and the price of a new key/bcm

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
hah, i would give up, push the whole car in the drink and walk home. =P