Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how 2 get vp window winders off???

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
hello,
could any1 tell me how to get VP window winders off? its only the basic model btw.
i am trying to get the door trims off a crashed and dumped VP that is down the road from me, so i can put them on my vk (or try too anyway)

also is that all i need to take off to get the trims off? i have taken the screw in the corner of and the little screw up the top off and the only thing holding it on is the winder! (i think) I have pulled and tugged on the little C*#T but it will not move

please help, Pat

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Your trying to get door trims off a car you dont own? Isn't that stealing? The car was either stolen by theives, crashed and dumped, or was crashed and the owner is yet to recover it?

Unless you know who owns the car, or you own it, i wouldn't be taking anything off for the trouble you will get into when you get caught. If it was stolen, cops will finger print it, and also find your prints on it.....

And if just want to see if they will fit, get a tape measure and measure it up first, then actually buy some second hand (they aren't THAT expensive).....

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
phat_com said:
hello,
could any1 tell me how to get VP window winders off? its only the basic model btw.
i am trying to get the door trims off a crashed and dumped VP that is down the road from me, so i can put them on my vk (or try too anyway)

also is that all i need to take off to get the trims off? i have taken the screw in the corner of and the little screw up the top off and the only thing holding it on is the winder! (i think) I have pulled and tugged on the little C*#T but it will not move

please help, Pat

we have been graced once again with one of phat_com's fairytale stories, mate there should be a section of this website devoted to the bullshit you spin

Blulude98

Reaction score
phat_com said:
hello,

please help, Pat

Get a rag and wedge it between the door trim and the winder then move the rag east to west, the clip should just pop off.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Or go to kmart tuggers and get a window winder clip remover thing for about $4.

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
Wire coat hanger with a 2mm right angle bend on the end is even cheaper !!

N

nemodore

vp door trims dont fit on a vk without majour mods. trust me its a lotof f**k ar**in around to make it all work. just did a full vn interiour into the missus vk.not f***in easy and NO i aint doin it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...