Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How about the new Arnotts Shapes?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Has anyone else tried the "New and Improved" Arnotts Shapes?

I have now tried the BBQ (wasn't too bad), Cheese and Bacon (wasn't a fan), and Pizza (was ok). But I much prefer the original flavours, and think that have made a huge mistake. I believe they should at the very least keep the original flavours on the shelves.

The only ones that they plan on keeping are the BBQ, Chicken and Savoury. (As well as the new ones).

What are others opinions on them?

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I've tried the BBQ and Pizza ones. I honestly liked the BBQ ones, didn't really like the Pizza though.

The backlash was expected, nobody likes change. Give it a few months and everyone will forget about the old taste and will stop buying it/accept it and move on with their life.

If you really hate the new ones most OTR's still have the old shapes stock. Should buy a bunch and put them up on Ebay in a few months if they don't decide to change back, they should be worth a bit.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
They are okay as a taste but shouldnt be called BBQ shapes , the best bit was the sprinkles at the bottom of the packet

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
OK so I had heard about a lot of backlash about the "new and improved" shapes.

My faves have ALWAYS been cheddar. So I saw them in the supermarket and bought a couple of packs.

My verdict: BRILLIANT!!! New and improved? ABSOLUTELY!!! I can only speak to the Cheddar shapes but it's quite clear to me the flavour is now IN the shape and not just clinging to it for dear life or ending up as a pile of crumbs at the bottom of the packet. I can absolutely see why they've done it. Less "cling on" flavour loss and more flavour in the actual shape itself.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Keep the biscuits. Get rid of the bloody stupid advertising.

That ad with the SWAT team responding to a kid's stomach grumbles is an insult to adult intelligence. How friggin' stupid are ads going to get in an effort to convince us to buy the product? That one takes the cake. Worst ad on TV.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I don't know what the 'new and improved' Arnotts shapes are, but I do know that the present biscuits are and nasty cheap imitation of the originals from way back when.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't know what the 'new and improved' Arnotts shapes are, but I do know that the present biscuits are and nasty cheap imitation of the originals from way back when.

I think Arnott's took a big backward step when they were bought out by a US company. Until that time, they had a range of distinctly Australian biscuits that appealed to Australian tastes. Some old favourites are long gone and many of the newer ones are more American in flavour than Australians like.

The other thing is that they are getting much smaller. SAO'S used to make a meal by themselves with a bit of Veggie or cheese and tomato. They seem smaller these days and have lost their individual flavour IMO.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Keep the biscuits. Get rid of the bloody stupid advertising.

That ad with the SWAT team responding to a kid's stomach grumbles is an insult to adult intelligence. How friggin' stupid are ads going to get in an effort to convince us to buy the product? That one takes the cake. Worst ad on TV.

LOL!!! Thanks for re-enforcing the benefits of NOT watching TV. :D