Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can genuine parts not fit?

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
I've had recent troubles with my headlights (which were aftermarnet, and fit perfectly) which are detailed in other threads of mine. I purchased what i was told are GENUINE second hand lights from city dismantlers. They don't fit properly, it's as if theyre not quite big enough leaving a gap of around 3mm behind the indicator on each head lamp.

Has anyone ever experienced this? should i return these?

note: the holes for the bolts didnt line up correctly either, as a result the bolt tab on the front of one of the lights broke off.

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Maybe they aren't the right lights for your car? Wouldn't be the first time a wrecker said something will fit that won't....

They're deffinately vt headlights, in my vt. just a **** fit which leads me to believe that they're not genuine.. though the wrecker said they are. Ill just have to buy MORE headlights then take them back :mad:

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
GM lights should have GM and be Hella branded. Also, is it possible your bumper isn't aligned right? Another thing to consider is it just might not be possible to be perfect.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Also your VT could be out of wack,due to face lift!!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Has your car had a whack in the front and not fixed 100%??? Very much a possibility.

Reaper

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Check the rivets on the radiator suport tag and see if there star headed alot are just normal ones were there been a repair.

jughead1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
You say the Aftermarket lights fit perfectly.

Ciould the fittings have been modified to fit the aftermarket lights (which are different from genuine), so now the genuine ones don't fit?

If you have a friend with a VT, try their lights in your car and see if they fit or not. (wou8ld require you to remove the friend's bumper - would have to be a good friend!).

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Jughead could be on to something.