Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can i add traction control to a Stock VY Executive?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
My VY Berlina Series 2 doesn't give forceback either. Plus one for T/C being a pain though, especially when pulling out into a gap in traffic, then it cuts the engine power and the car just sits for a few seconds. In some instances it is dangerous.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I agree, its very dangerous.

I've pulled out into gaps in the traffic that are quiet large in wet conditions and had it cut in. My hairy arse hole has ended up in my throat on a few occasions. Now I just turn it off everytime it rains. Easier to be easy on the throttle, and just accept the fact its going to spin a little.

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
I have to turn t/c if i am driving on gravel roads cause its like the computer thinks i have always got wheel spin happening

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Mine was a pain and i also thought it was dangerous untill i needed to change my tyres, i put some good quality rubber on and the traction control hardly dver kicks in now.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
It sounds like - traction control is dangerous unless you drive like a granny - but if you drive like a granny you are not likely to benefit from it.....

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Its handy when you're driving down a highway at 100km/h in wet conditions.
Around town its just annoying.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
It sounds like - traction control is dangerous unless you drive like a granny - but if you drive like a granny you are not likely to benefit from it.....

Only if you have cheap rubber if you dont me a tight ass and spend some money you will be fine

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Only if you have cheap rubber if you dont me a tight ass and spend some money you will be fine

You raise a good point there, if you find your traction control is overly intrusive it could well be that you tyres are either worn or cheapies that have crap wet weather performance.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
You raise a good point there, if you find your traction control is overly intrusive it could well be that you tyres are either worn or cheapies that have crap wet weather performance.
lol i said that my tyres were no good in the wet and that they were brand new on the car when i bought it so im just waiting for them to wear out... apparently that isnt an excuse for p platers though to wait for the tyres to wear out lol

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina

I'd perhaps link it with LSD on top of that. My tyres aren't cheap ($390 a corner) but I don't have LSD which I think is largely to blame for the T/C being so intrusive. I doubt i'd have anywhere near the issues if I had an LSD diff as well.