Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how can i find my vn v6 engine number from the vin, i think it isnt the original

billswis

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Hi my vin is 6H8VNK19HKL329634 and do not have the matching engine, is there any free ways to discover the cars engine number.
Iv bought cheap as wreck an now wanting to rego but numbers dont match, and to make things worse the papers have disappeared.
Any help please!!

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
The last 6 numbers of the VIN don't match the engine number on VNs (or any other Commodore). If you put the engine number up, I believe Green88VN may be able to pin point if its original engine.

BTW judging by the VIN number, I'd say you have a Feb or March 1989 V6 Executive :)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
is it the early vn engine with the radiator pipe that runs around the back of it? if your march 89 it will be that type of 3.8...

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
it's a holden not a ford, the engine number isn't that last XXX digits of the vin

Ausijas

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
Hi my vin is 6H8VNK19HKL329634 and do not have the matching engine, is there any free ways to discover the cars engine number.
Iv bought cheap as wreck an now wanting to rego but numbers dont match, and to make things worse the papers have disappeared.
Any help please!!
Any help please!!
Mate in same situation how did youvgo

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mate in same situation how did youvgo
What are you actually trying to do? If it's just register it with another engine then just change the number with DOT.