Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how can i get rid of the exterior trim that goes around my vs ute?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
which trims? around the tray, around the cabin, the door strips?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i have seen many vs utes without the trims how do i get rid of mine?

Just thought i'd share some info with anyone who wants it.

I have removed the strips off my old VSII Ute.

The way I did it was;

*Sprayed De-greaser all round the car on the top of the strips to let it soak in and soften up the Sikaflex. (Be careful of it running as it does leave a faint trail, this can be buffed off though)

*After I let that sit for 10 min or so, I got some fishing wire with two bits of wood as handles for ease of work (I used a drum stick)

*I then ran the line behind the strips, moving up and down slicing the strips and most of the sikaflex from the car.

*Once all these were removed, I sprayed more de-greaser and let that sit for a few min then rubbed any loose dirty, grimey s**t off with a rag.

*I then painted on some Turps with a paint brush, letting it soak into the Sikaflex crap.

*Now, All you need is a simple hair dryer or a heat gun,
You just hold it over the spot you want to get off for about 30secs or less and then it will just roll off the bodywork by pushing it and rolling it back onto itself with you thumb. I got annoyed at this after a while and started using a rag to push it back and this was much more effective and removed bigger areas of the crap.

*Then, I de-greased again, then turps'd it again then rubbed any leftover crap off with a clean rag. ( always make sure you use a different or clean rag wen doing the different steps as to stop and crap rubbing back onto the car)

*Now that this was done, all I was left with were some small brown stains which I haven't figured out how to get rid of, but they're hardly noticeable and the car looks very schmick.

*The final step was to wash the car, polish the areas with some polish (I use Kitten No. 1 Cream Polish)

*Then wax the and seal the car (I use Porzelack, which is some good s**t!)

This took me approx half the day, but best to leave a full day and take it nice and slow.

Anyways,
I hope this helps whoever is after the advice to do this with minimal damage or effort

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
There is something called a caramel wheel, the panel shops use, much quicker and easier.

Do a search and you'll find out more about them.