Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can i improve my VT's handling ?

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
Yeah that's true balls do nothing to change body roll or stiffness purely there just to look good...pfffffftttt

Those strut hats on ebay look too expensive btw.

Last edited:

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Yeah that's true swaybars do nothing to change body roll or stiffness purely there just to look good...pfffffftttt

Those strut hats on ebay look too expensive btw.

WTF sway bars have everything to do with how much body roll a car has. Did you mean strut brace????

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I swear to god you people you people put lead on your weatbix instead of sugar....

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well just throwing this in, I installed a Whiteline strut brace in the old VR as the Strut towers where starting to crack. anyway i did a before and after test, and found after installing it the nose just pointed into corners so much better, but then found the ass hanging out much easier lol, they do work, i only installed it to try and stop the flex in the towers to prevent further damage.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well just throwing this in, I installed a Whiteline strut brace in the old VR as the Strut towers where starting to crack. anyway i did a before and after test, and found after installing it the nose just pointed into corners so much better, but then found the ass hanging out much easier lol, they do work, i only installed it to try and stop the flex in the towers to prevent further damage.

Might want to not go around corners at 80kmh then. Or perhaps do something with the rest of your busted suspesion if you're have such a drastic change in handling dynamics after fitting something that aids in chassis flex...

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Funny you automatically assume that all the suspension is busted, had everything replaced 10k ago before the brace bar was fitted, Rear/Front shocks & Springs & all sway bar bushes etc all brand new parts.
Again, Its a VR, Alot has changed over the years between the cars, and was fitted to prevent further damage to the cracking body filler around the strut towers.

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
strut bars shouldn't do much except increase your rice

the front end of the VT VX is reasonbly square and true as it is

sways bars = yes

strut bars = rice

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny you automatically assume that all the suspension is busted, had everything replaced 10k ago before the brace bar was fitted, Rear/Front shocks & Springs & all sway bar bushes etc all brand new parts.
Again, Its a VR, Alot has changed over the years between the cars, and was fitted to prevent further damage to the cracking body filler around the strut towers.

If it effected the handling to the point where it easily induced oversteer, Something was seriously wrong. They DO NOT effect it that drastically. No ammount of self delusion will make it any different.