Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Can I Only Get Bass From a sub (X-over???)

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Hey, i have a voice coiled sub... and i wanna only get bass out of it (low frequency i think its called?) anyway my headunit can set it i think through X-over? is this right if so what would the settings be?

it comes up with 3 sets of numbers and i dont kno what they mean, they all affect the sub when i play with them but i have no i dea what i'm doing, does anyone know what the settings are? or who can help me.

I have a Alpine CDA-9853R headunit.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
kinkbike_rider said:
i have a voice coiled sub
duh :p
kinkbike_rider said:
(low frequency i think its called?)
correct.
kinkbike_rider said:
it comes up with 3 sets of numbers and i dont kno what they mean
iv never had a play with alpine gear but its prob sumthing like pioneers easy equiliser (EEQ) eg. the number on left will be low frequencies, number in the middle will be mid range frequencies and the number on the right will be high frequencies.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well to run a sub you will have an ampo which should have a low pass filter. set this to around 100hz, then move it up and down to get the sound you like.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
maybe the three are sub, front rear??

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
semi:
That is proberly it, i should have thought of that, if so should i set sub/low frquencey to 100h?

azzfox:
i did look in the instruction manual i did'nt understand it.

Thanx for you feedback!

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
alll the settings are is at what frequency the bass is boosted, so there will probably be 60/80/100/120 hz. the number that says 1/2/3 is effectively how much around the selected frequency is boosted. and finally the numbers 1-9/high are just how much the frequency is to be boosted.
these will have no effect on if the sub is playing bass or higher frequencies.
make sence now?

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh alpine can be confusing, especially the higher models (i havent played with much), are u in just the normal bass adjustment, if so mine has the level on the left (-7 - +7), the width in the middle (1 - 4) and the frequency on the right (60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 200hz), but thats on mine which is a cheaper model i think

the width means how close the enhanced bass is around the frequency that u set, 1 being very close and 4 being very wide spread

level adjustment is the volume knob, the width is adjusted using the band button and the frequency is adjusted using the skip bacward/forward buttons

hope this helps, would also help to know what menu u r in, coz it might not be the same 1

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
also cross over is normally set on the amplifier

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
VKStevo said:
yeh alpine can be confusing, especially the higher models (i havent played with much), are u in just the normal bass adjustment, if so mine has the level on the left (-7 - +7), the width in the middle (1 - 4) and the frequency on the right (60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 200hz), but thats on mine which is a cheaper model i think

the width means how close the enhanced bass is around the frequency that u set, 1 being very close and 4 being very wide spread

level adjustment is the volume knob, the width is adjusted using the band button and the frequency is adjusted using the skip bacward/forward buttons

hope this helps, would also help to know what menu u r in, coz it might not be the same 1
didn't i just say that?:p