Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can i stop/help my boot rattle? VT

Yokomitsu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
Hey guys,

First post, long time viewer first time member, i have a 1998 VT executive Commodore it has a full body kit unaware of what it is (sorry) i know the mesh on the back kit rattles but i can stop that with silicon or rubber stoppers (i hope) But i will still get a fairly loud rattle from the boot, i have a JBL Twin 12" SubBox 1800 Watt, Anyone got some advice from experiences?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Find out where the rattle is and fix it... It's pretty simple. Press on stuff until the rattle stops, then jam something in between whatever is rattling. You might even need to get in the boot :D

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Hey guys,

First post, long time viewer first time member, i have a 1998 VT executive Commodore it has a full body kit unaware of what it is (sorry) i know the mesh on the back kit rattles but i can stop that with silicon or rubber stoppers (i hope) But i will still get a fairly loud rattle from the boot, i have a JBL Twin 12" SubBox 1800 Watt, Anyone got some advice from experiences?

Number plate is usually common problem put foam behind it.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
buy a bunch of cheap pillows, and stuff them in everywhere and anywhere they'll fit

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
if its the actual boot itself you can twist those rubber feet things so its longer. cheap and quick. It kinda helped with my rattles..

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Builders expanding foam (the stuff that comes in a can) between the inner and outer skins of the boot. It doesn't look pretty though ;).

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Builders expanding foam (the stuff that comes in a can) between the inner and outer skins of the boot. It doesn't look pretty though ;).
And be very careful because the stuff can break the welds on the bootlid. This is not a method a proper installer would use.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
And be very careful because the stuff can break the welds on the bootlid. This is not a method a proper installer would use.

Yeah i've thought about using the same stuff, but after seeing how much it much it expands, i decided against using it:thumbsup:

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
Number plate is usually common problem put foam behind it.

agreed, i just drilled two more bolts into the bottom of the number plate/boot and that stopped problems, my mesh from my clubby kit was making some noise too, just go around the mesh with some glue and it will stop it most likely. best of luck.