Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do get bolt out?

blinky phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II scrap pac
I have broken a flywheel to crank bolt off plush and cant remove with an easy out, someone said try an oxy worried about crank seal

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
tried applying a little heat with the easyout?

blinky phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II scrap pac
Easy out is drillling bolt thinner instead of gripping and pulling it out our local mechanics for repco, told me torque settings were 50nm then 100 nm when it broke i rang holden to find out its 18-22nm then 1/4 turn, so id say its snapped at about 30-35nm with 243 applied,

SSbeast

Reaction score
U could try welding a bolt to the broken bolt. Or worst comes to worst just drill the bolt out and retap or heli-coil the hole.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
when you run out of other options you could try either - using a small sharp punch and tapping the bolt in an anticlockwise direction. This should slowly rotate the bolt until theres enough stud sticking out to grab with vice grips. Or, drilling out the bolt to just below the diameter of the thread. then you should be able to pull the remaining metal out in pieces.
Is it possible to remove flywheel from engine and attack the remaining stud with flywheel removed.?

blinky phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II scrap pac
yes its possible thats how i have it i have tried tapping anticlockwise, but just seems to bur it off, i cant put helicoil because this is crankshaft that would not be wise, and i dont know whether possible to drill it out and tap threaD IS THERE SOMEONE WHO WILL COME AND DO THAT IF I PAY THEM,??? someone must do that shorely, but i haVE to move in aweek and the car has to go back together and be running, what sort of person taps threads

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What area are you in?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you need a fitter - machinist.

blinky phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II scrap pac
yes i need someone to take the bolt out i have a feeling i may ruin it im in the blue mountains area,
i will attemp other thoughts on this thankyou

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
an easy out should get it if the hole is deep enough and you have the right size easy out