Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i break my steering lock??

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
hi guys. i got a VR sittin in the padock

i need to skull drag it about 100metres but it wont get through gates etc........cause the steering lock is on and i cant find the keys atm.

so how can i break it?......its just a basher so i dont care wat needs to be done......just need to steer it...

thanks guys

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i dont really like this topic only coz it can be used for illegal purposes..

your best bet is to disassemble the steering column and remove the ignition barrel, that way you can steer it, then when you find the key you can put it all back together again.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
oh ok. yeah when i read it over again it does sounds suss, lol. but its not. lol....

its like a car graveyard down here.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
whack up some pics ;) u got spare parts?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i dont really like this topic only coz it can be used for illegal purposes..

your best bet is to disassemble the steering column and remove the ignition barrel, that way you can steer it, then when you find the key you can put it all back together again.

Shouldnt be able to release the barrell without it in the ON position, but Im sure with enough force you should be able to.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Removing the ignition barrel wont do anything to the steering lock. The steering lock is operated by 2 pins which slide in and out when the barrel's internal pin rotates. These pins can be removed but it is a lot of work. If its in a paddock and you dont care, then just get a mate, and just both turn the steering wheel at the same time, same direction. With enough force, wont take too long, the pins will break. Don't go knocking off any cars now!

5ivespeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Manual
1 person can do it put your foot in 1 side of the steering wheel and push with your foot while pulling with your hands in the opposite direction. dont forget to snap both sides