Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I change the headlight globes....easily ;)

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I'm with Revin on this: "Had a bit of a problem at first but then read the owners manual ..."

Ugly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Read the manual? How very unblokey. I thought the manual was written for those times when you completely screw things up.

You mean I could have just pulled the filler tube and overflow out no probs? Damn... and here I was feeling so good about having managed to change the lightbulbs after struggling with them for an hour...

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I had such a problem doing this....

Both parking lights and 1 headlight globe went out one night. The parking lights were ok, but the headlight globe was horrendous. Now it's probably me...but I mucked around with it for 3 hours. Couldn't re-latch the wire hook and couldn't see in there / had trouble squeezing hands in there...never again. Once I got the new headlight globe in, the other side headlight globe blew so went and did it all again.

Why do they make it so hard? I've heard Hyundai cars can be impossible to change as you have to take the whole headlight assembly out but jesus! For something that's going to need replacing every so often, why do car manufacturers design it like this?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Why do they make it so hard? I've heard Hyundai cars can be impossible to change as you have to take the whole headlight assembly out but jesus! For something that's going to need replacing every so often, why do car manufacturers design it like this?

Try doing a Hiace. There's no room under the 'bonnet' as it is and the manual says to return to dealer to change bulbs. You need to take out the grille, unclip some of the front bumper and pull the whole headlight out.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
hehe thats why i got someone else to put my HID in haha i saw the tight squeeze and said nope im going to pay some poor basted to do this lol

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Bumping an old thread as I've just changed my headlight bulbs to better ones, but I read this thread and expected it to be hard, but 5 minutes later and they're both changed.

A tiny bit of contortionism (sp) is required on the drivers side, but on the Passenger side I just unclipped the top of the airbox and moved that out of the way which gave me loads of room and made that side real easy.

And to save me starting a new thread, I want to upgrade all the the other bulbs now and was wondering if there was a good , reasonably priced online store that ships internationally/

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Try doing a Hiace. There's no room under the 'bonnet' as it is and the manual says to return to dealer to change bulbs. You need to take out the grille, unclip some of the front bumper and pull the whole headlight out.

Our old Renault Megane you had to take the front wheel off to replace the bulbs :hmmm::confused: Silly Frenchies

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Old EL XR6, had to remove airbox on passenger side and battery on drivers side, similar to what i have to do on this VX SS as have a SS Inductions CAI which simply is a pain.

Easiest car to change headlights globe, ED Falcon i had.