Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I Configure my speakers/sub? 98VT Berlina

T

trobi

How goes it? I have a stock 98 VT Berlina (pic is 604kb) that I’m currently planning some mods. I need some help with regards to the sound install.

I have 6 X 9” speakers that I want to install in the rear doors. If I use this bracket will they fit? The bracket is from Brisbane car sound. Has anyone replaced the 6” speakers with 6 X 9s? Speakers are Lanzar. I guess my question is: Will brackets mount in the door?

Of course I will be able to mount the speakers in the bracket. I need to know if there is enough room in the door and a place to mount the bracket? Call me lazy but if someone knows off-hand it will save me from having to take the door apart twice.

I’m aware that they will go in to the rear shelf and sound way better but I don’t want them there.

I have:
2 x Lanzar 4” 3 way speakers – Run up front
2 x Lanzar tweeters - Run on dash
2 x Lanzar 6 x 9” 4 way speakers – Run @ Rear
1 x Boss Audio 12” Sub 600W
1 X V12 amp 600W (2 Channel) – Run in boot
1 X Sony Explode Head Unit 4 X 50W – Run in glove box

I need to know what is the best way to configure the speakers and sub so that I have fade from front to rear. Will I need another amp? If so, is anyone able to give me a brief explanation how I would wire it?
My head unit has 4 RCAs out. Left and right 2 channels plus analogue.

Your help is very much appreciated! ;)