Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I fade the paint so it blends in? (Just painted VX Boot Garnish panel)

Z

ZaRnOw

Hey fellas
Just painted my boot garnish panel today for my Phantom Black VT, its all ready to go on. However my paint has faded over the past 10 years and the fresh phantom paint on my boot garnish is considerably a lot darker and is going to be noticeable once I put it on.

What techniques and products do I use to fade to get my garnish panel to blend in much better to the rest of my car.
I have search the forums and the internet but nothing is specific, im guessing it would be something similar to what you would do to blend in touchup paint to the rest of the car.

Cheers

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
What about polishing or buffing the car, that usually brings the paint back pretty well and it will look better

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Go into super cheap an ask for a can of fade lol

DK-VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VX Acclaim
What about polishing or buffing the car, that usually brings the paint back pretty well and it will look better

Yeah agreed, buffer the old paint out and restore the color of the car, you'll get a much nicer finish and overall look.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Go into super cheap an ask for a can of fade lol

Yeahh thats a good idea. OP i have the same problem, it's to faded to buff or polish to the brand new colour and the touch up is like a completly differant colour. I'm guessing your on a similar boat. Maybe this should be moved to the spray painting and panel beating section

Z

ZaRnOw

Yeah I was going to post it in the Painting section. But I knew the response would be a lot quicker here.
Cheers fellas