Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i get a harmonic balancer off an engine out of car?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rattle gun will get the bolt off and shouldn't spin the engine over that's all I use and I never lock the crank as it's too hard.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i do have the duck puller aswell but not the rite size bolts so if i want to save the balancer ill need to use that puller?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
i do have the duck puller aswell but not the rite size bolts so if i want to save the balancer ill need to use that puller?

Those cheap pullers sometimes work but these pulleys can be real stiff, don't attempt it without hi-tensile bolts and go slow. The other issue is not all balancer's have the bolt holes. You would need to see if yours does. Mine doesn't but mine is a different engine. Having said that people tried telling me mine has the holes, because apparently VR's, do but mine only has slots.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Some pictures what your dealing with may help.
Have you been undoing it in the right direction.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
ok it says the duck pully is ok with the 3 bolts but what size do they need to be? exact size and are they unc or unf?

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
undoing it the write way lol lefty loosy righty tighty except for idler tension bolts there backwards and bothe the standard v6 harmonic balancer and l67 one have holes for the duck puller i can get pics in morning but have trouble uploading to here as my camera takes too big of a mb picture

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Some heat on the bolt may help if its stubbing, the bolt size are in the link I sent you.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
80mm long ¼ inch bolts this is the size in the link you gave me but like i asked what is the thread and is it unf or unc so fine thread or coarse thread i.e: M80 x 60 unc or unf