Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i get the diff by it self? Like how to i get the axle housing off!

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
Hey guys, i have a vs lsd whole rear end and want to have just the diff so how do i get the arms/ axle off?

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
i want the LSD and its housing but not the axle arms, because its from a vs ute and will not fit my sedan and i want the center

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
i want the LSD and its housing but not the axle arms, because its from a vs ute and will not fit my sedan and i want the center

Oh ok fair enough.. Well for starters you gotter pull the wheel off, Then the brake caliper and brackets and slide the rotor off it will most likely be a bitch to do cause they get stuck from corrosion but just spray the centre with WD40 or something then hit it with a rubber mallet or normal hammer if you dont care about breaking the rotor. then you haft to pull all the handbrake assembly off and there are 4 nuts holding the axle in undo them and then pull the axle out which will Also will take some loving

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
cheers mate! enough to get me started! iv done brakes many times so it shouldnt be to hard!

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
cheers mate! enough to get me started! iv done brakes many times so it shouldnt be to hard!

Yeh its a pretty straight forward job if you dont F##k around.. :)