Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i get the window winda off a VL

OFFiTS

..::kRiiSSi::..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
Ey guys,
I bought got some new locks for my VL, but I cant get the stupid window winders off, I've looked for a little clip or anything to unclip it but it doesnt work. Does anyone have any ideas????? :wave:

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
there is a little spring clip on the inside of the handle but its hard to see. you have to push the door trim in so you can see the back of the winder then you should be able to see the clip. use a long thin flat headed screwdriver and find the end of the clip, have the ends of the clip facing up then use the screwdriver to push down on the clip and it should come off but be careful and be ready to catch it cause they get lost and spring off easliy!!! :thumbsup:

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
my'SS'isCRaP said:
Ey guys,
I bought got some new locks for my VL, but I cant get the stupid window winders off, I've looked for a little clip or anything to unclip it but it doesnt work. Does anyone have any ideas????? :wave:

Also there is a tool u can buy 5-6 bucks for this, auto parts shop should have them..;)

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
vee ka said:
there is a little spring clip on the inside of the handle but its hard to see. you have to push the door trim in so you can see the back of the winder then you should be able to see the clip. use a long thin flat headed screwdriver and find the end of the clip, have the ends of the clip facing up then use the screwdriver to push down on the clip and it should come off but be careful and be ready to catch it cause they get lost and spring off easliy!!! :thumbsup:

mate that was good

69ORN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vlcommie
ok mate dont bother buying the tool thares another trick to geting it off its get a small peace of rag and slide it in thare the clip will grab and should come out thats how iv all ways done it and its all ways worked

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I use the rag. It has always worked for me.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
the rag's a go-er :) i've used both methods

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
ohh dear, i hate vl window winders. dont buy the tool, i did and i ended up snapping the stupid thing.

it took me like 2 days to get the window winder off my car and bout 5 minutes to fix my lock.

makes me angry just thinking about it lol

OFFiTS

..::kRiiSSi::..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
thanks guys n vlfury, I'll give the cloth trick ago, I've got one of those tools but its for the older holdens, so it dont fit, and I cant be bothered buying a newie. I dont understand how everything else is so easy to get off..but not a stupid winder!!

krystal

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
hey krystal sorry to change topic but were you the other chick at the knox meet. The only one i dont go to and other chicks turn up, you rekon you will be going to any more